Tuesday 5 October 2010

I am now a happy octegenarian and can sit on those seats at the front of the bus esignated `For the Elderly` without feeling guilty, and I could also buy myself an elegant stick and wave it around in Marks and Spencers for attention., but maybe not yet.
On Sunday, the barn on Ditchling village green was thronged with Darlings of all shapes and sizes from ten month old little Arthur to many of the older generations  (including my sister, brother and sister in law who are also darlings with a small d)  Also many old friends made long treks to get here and in deluging rain, but it did not damp our spirits.  There was a family `band` which played such lively music that several of us did a bit of dancing. In the end, only five dogs came and all behaved impeccably.   
I do truly believe that parties are very good things to hold, go to, plan, remember.  They are hard work and there is always a moment when you think, Oh why did I ever have this silly idea, I must have been mad, but ultimately it is all worth while.