Sunday 26 September 2010

Just time to write this before going to Meeting, a change for me from wrting Lists Of Things To Do, like don`t forget black rubbish bags, cricket bat and balloons to put on the gate, for next weekend.    I put `dogs welcome` on the invitations to my 8oth birthday do and  at the last count there were nine, all very well behaved animals of course, but I hope they get on. I am looking forward to seeing my dear sister who is coming to stay which will give me some moral support, but it is all a bit of a worry.
Yesterday I did my usual Saturday stint at Brighton Meeting House.  The main event was a chess match between Dieppe and Brighton, so it was a quiet afternoon. I had a request from one player for some chocolate as he said he needed it to concentrate, but otherwise they were an undemanding group. There is a constant stream of people wandering in, a mother with a baby with tummy ache (!), people who want to know what Quakers are, gentlemen of the road who want a cup of tea, two sugars. 
Grand daughter M went off to Uni in London yesterday, her usually slightly chaotic bedroom looked so bleak and empty but she has sent me a cheery text this morning.