Saturday 18 September 2010

red shoes

Last night I watched the service on TV from Westminster Abbey for the Pope. The chap with the incense got rather carried away, the poor little choir boys were almost obliterated in holy smoke.  I was intrigued to see that the Pope was wearing bright red pointy shoes, and the Archbishop of Canterbury was wearing a large yellow lamp shade on his head.  How these chaps do love to dress up.    Having said all this, it was a moving and beautiful event and I joined in all the hymns with gusto, which alarmed the cat.
I have moved all the furniture round again in my front room and it looks much bigger.  One of the advantages of living alone is that you can do things like that late on a Friday night and there is no one to moan and say `must you?` Perhaps I will stay in Ditchling after all.
It is J`s birthday party tomorrow and we all have to wear red ( like the Pope`s shoes?) and bring red food, such as Heinz tomato soup and strawberries.  I must trawl the charity shops for a suitable outfit.