Thursday 14 October 2010

Almost by default, I find myself on Facebook, (it was because E had posted photos of my party on it)  It is very odd, I now seem to have an inordinate amount of friends,  popping up all over the place, poking, and writing on walls, I find it heart warming, but I am not sure that I am doing it properly, and I need a toddler somewhere to give me some instruction. I am afraid of hurting someone`s feelings by not replying to a poke.
I have had my dear friend and ex neighbour M staying for a few days which is why I have not written this blog. We have been on the trail of Vanessa Bell, Virginia Wolf and Duncan Grant and co again. Gloomy Rodmell where Virginia lived and wrote, and the place where she put the stones in her pockets and waded into the river, Charleston where they all hung out at various times.  Many of the other visitors looked Bloomsbury-ish too with green shoes and funny felt hats. We also went to Alfriston to the very first National Trust place,The Clergy House.   The village has the more crafty gift shoppes that I have ever seen, but all very tasteful and expensive.
The night before we went to the untasteful popcorny cinema at Brighton Marina to see `Made in Dagenham`. We both cried. Those brave women striking for equal pay for women.  Would I have had that courage?