Monday 23 August 2010

There has been an overwhelming response to my last dismal blog, with lots of cheery messages, so that I feel thoroughly ashamed of myself.   One of the snags of living in Ditchling is that there are hardly any buses and I had been looking forward to exciting outings to places like Eastbourne or Tunbridge Wells, sitting dreamily on a bus with my packet of sandwiches and my free bus pass, but this is not to be.  I try to go for a cycle ride most days but the hills are ferocious, and I can hardly even walk up let alone cycle to the top.
I have been trying to plan my eightieth birthday party which is a worry.  I do love parties and like planning them but there is always that fear that there will not be enough food or drink,or that  no one will come, or that they won`t enjoy themselves and when the invitation arrives they will say Oh my God, do we have to go? Grand daughter M is doing the invitations for me so the die is cast, have to go through with it now.