Monday 16 August 2010

ditchling dumps

Well it was bound to happen.  I keep thinking why did I ever leave lovely Winchester and all my mates?  I had a visit from dear E and S on Friday, so perhaps that was the start, as it was so good to see them and talk and talk.   Also the my Brighton family are still away on the Island.    I have spent a lot of time on my own and I am just Not Used To It.  I wish I still  had a job, but who wants to employ an eighty year old with dodgy feet and ankles?   And that`s another worry.   Do I want to have a big eightieth birthday party?  Can`t make up my mind.  One minute I want to push the boat out and hire the Barn on the Village Green and have a band, or the lovely Art gallery opposite,or a more sober celebtration in the Quaker Meeting House, but the thought of making a dozen or so quiches and puddings is daunting.
This morning I went to the house of one of the artists whom I sat for a few weeks ago and played my cello  in a little baroque group. I did enjoy it and they have asked me to go again, but I felt I made a horrible scratchy noise maybe due to my dodgy arthritic thumbs.  I am resolved to practise more.
And I think I will try to go on some interesting free bus trips to cheer myself up.