Sunday 29 August 2010

I have been looking for a choir since I moved here and nice P sent an email about a womens singing group in Hove. I went last Thursday and it was  totally unlike what I had expected which was a church hall with thirty or so assorted women.  In fact it was in one of those high white Regency flats on the sea front and I went up in a cranky antiquated iron lift to an extraordinary room full of religious pictures and buddhas and instuments and there were only four of us.  I liked it though, as we sang interesting harmonies and rhythms, African songs, a Leonard Cohen song, I think I will go again.   I am still looking for a regular writing and reading group.
I also went to help at the Brighton Meeting House on Saturday, several dossers, rogues, in and out of the garden and they have rough sleepers coming at night, and all the usual lot inside :AA, Al Anon, spirititual healers, I felt so at home with it all.      
It is Bank Holiday weekend and I always feel as if everybody else is doing something exciting.  I have just been lolling about all afternoon reading the Observer.   Some of my family are at a festival in the Midlands and they will come home tomorrow all covered in mud.