Tuesday 26 February 2013

moving experience

My cottage is up for sale.This involves strenuous tidying up and much use of lavender polish and bleach. I have had lots of viewings (who so far, all say it`s very nice but too small).       I have to be out with B.Wiggins as he would defend his territory with ferocious barking, so I have had even longer walks than usual in the mud and biting winter wind.      It is a big learning curve having a dog. I tend to haunt places which are dog friendly like pet shops,flea markets,certain cafes, garden centres, hardware shops. The National Trust is very un-dog friendly, I`m thinking of writing a protest letter to them.  
I saw a lovely film the other night in the Village Hall: Le Havre. it was about a group of poor people who befriend a young Congolese boy who has escaped from a container ship full of asylum seekers. They help him get to his mother in London and the film was about unconditional kindness, beautifully acted and understated. 
It reminded me of a time a few years ago when I went with a group of friends over on the night ferry from Portsmouth and arrived at Le Havre early in the morning to cycle to Rouen along the Seine. We wandered around with our maps for ages along seedy streets. 
It was our performance of the Museum Tales on Saturday. We had to read our work in the busy museum against a background of tourists chattering and babies in buggies. I don`t know what they made of it. I shall miss the group and our weekly sessions. I have got very fond of the place and the objects in the glass cases are like old friends.