Monday 18 February 2013

Motorway madness

Daughter J and co have gone to Spain for half term. I was going  to look after their 20 year old cat, but B.Wiggins was too boisterous and also kept eating her food and she got justifiably annoyed. So on Sunday I drove her to London to spend the week with grand daughter M who is living with fellow students in a house in Clapton.This entailed the M25 and the Blackwall Tunnel (such a frightening name) and then weaving my way through Hackney and Bow and Dalston with B Wiggins bouncing around in the front and cat Shirley emitting feeble miaows in the back. Still we made it successfully and had a lovely time with M and a walk by the river Lea. But on the way home, I managed to get on to the M25 going the wrong way and ended up paying the toll at Dartford Crossing twice within twenty minutes.   Surely there is nothing more depressing than driving for several miles the wrong way along a motorway.
I am worrying about all this obesity business in the media. I seem to be getting larger in spite of constantly going for dog walks.. I suppose it is my duty to go on a no bread-no butter- no chocolate regime again.
Also  I think I may have to go back to being a proper vegetarian instead of a half hearted one. They are not going to find bits of horse in nuts and beans.   
.. .