Tuesday 5 February 2013

me and my dog.....

I apologise for repeating the `Mud, mud, glorious mud` title in my last blog.. It is because mud is such a dominating feature of my life since the advent of B Wiggins.We both come back from every walk literally plastered with it. Fortunately B.Wiggins is small enough to be dunked in the kitchen sink.  Yesterday we went for the day to the Isle of Wight. This involved: car to station, two trains, boat, and bus,there and back, which were all new experiences for BW   Everyone I sat next to  whipped out their mobile phone and proceeded to show me numerous photos of their pets. I was longing to read the Guardian and do the crossword.
The purpose of my visit was to visit ex husband J who is very poorly and in hospital in Newport, and I met up with two sons and a grandson. I was impressed with the hospital which was cheerful and bustling and clean. No one batted an eyelid when I walked in with the dog,  they just stroked him ( and told me about their dogs)
Being an old person is a full time job. Apart from hospital visiting one`s contemporaries, I am just off to Age Concern this morning to get my hearing aids fixed, then to the library for a replacement bus pass.