Tuesday 12 March 2013

daffodils in the snow

I have just been for an afternoon walk with B.Wiggins in brilliant sunshine and deep snow.   I watched the children tobogganing down Lodge Hill , no school today      The first daffodils are bravely poking through in the hedges.. This morning I walked in a veritable blizzard.  . If I had not got a dog, I would never have ventured out but it was really beautiful.. Wiggins has been given a smart blue jumper which is much admired by the Ditchling villagers.
The bungalow business is taking its course.. It will be a miracle if it goes through   So many hazards. On Thursday, my buyers are having this cottage surveyed. I expect they will find dry rot and subsidence or something. So it may all come to naught.  I have had a ten page document from the solicitor which scares the life out of me.  
I saw a strange film last night called il Quattro Volte. It was full of symbolism.and set in an Italian village. There was no dialogue. The main characters were a herd of goats and an ancient goatherd who collected snails.I am still trying to puzzle it all out.  I loved it though.
There is great sadness in the family as my dear sister in law P is very ill. She is being looked after at home with her family round her, which is a blessing.  I think about her all the time.and I wish I could be there to help.