Friday 29 March 2013

and they rubbed him in with camphorated oil......

I have had the flu all week, and have been  huddled under the duvet, watching my temperature rise and fall, swallowing paracetamol and listening to Radio 4     . B.Wiggins has been dispatched to Brighton which he accepts cheerfully. He has latched on to daughter J as a mother substitute and admires Jumble in a respectful way.
I went to the doctor yesterday. I had to go to the next village. It was perishing cold and my temperature was 101.   The Dr listened to my chest and pronounced it as viral and said he couldn`t give me antibiotics and I would just have to `let it run its course` Fair enough but why don`t they have a few other cures up their sleeves?. My mother used to rub my chest with camphorated oil and put eucalyptus on the pillow.
Anyway I feel  a bit better today so will go and fetch the dog back to resume my three walks a day regime.
The day before I got ill I went to the annual party in the Village Hall to welcome new residents to Ditchling. I was promoting the choir and the Quakers. We did pick up two new choir members.   I didn`t cut much ice with the Quakers though.