Tuesday 24 July 2012

summertime and the living is easy.........

What a treat to put away the winter clothes at last....... But actually the title of this blog comes from one of the songs we played in a Quaker band on Saturday night at a convent at Wickham near Winchester, with a funny combination of instruments: a cello (me) a piano accordian, two violins, two clarinets and two guitars plus piano.  It was a good weekend and we did all the slightly odd things that Quakers do when they get together, like African drumming, circle dancing, bit of drama, and earnest dicscussions on the the state of the world, plus a bit of yoga -ish cavorting on the lawn before breakfast. I loved it all.  We were looked after at the convent by eight elderly Indian Franciscan nuns.
Daughter J with grand- daughters T and M are walking the South Downs Way this week, with a group of friends and dogs plus a horse and cart carrying their camping gear. If any of the chiildren get tired they can hop on the horse (or the cart) When they left Winchester on Sunday morning, a local vicar came out and blessed them on their journey, hopefully it is all going well and they are lucky with the sunshine though maybe today it is too hot....
I had a pesky virus in my computer which has given me and other people a lot of trouble.  But the good thing about it is that it sent a peculiar message to most people on my contact list (oddly not all) and I have had emails, phone calls and letters from people I have not heard from for ages. Anyone out there who is puzzled by a communication from me online that they do not understand do not OPEN IT!