Tuesday 31 July 2012

He who would so valiant be......

The `blessed` pilgrims  returned safely and managed the whole route on the South Downs Way with the two horsed, the cart, four dogs, and a variable number of adults and children. Only one kissing gate that wouldn`t let the cart through, which meant a bit of a detour. Otherwise it was all lovely with butterflies and wild flowers and warm sunshine.   I went up and joined them one day near Chanctonbury Ring, but was glad to come home and sleep in my bed rather than a cold open field like the Raggle Taggle Gypsies.  
I am heartily sick of the Olympics. My favourite programmes on TV disrupted ( I am addicted to a quiz which is on every day called Eggheads) I hate all the competitiveness and obsession with medals, and when anyone does something exceptional, they say they must have cheated with drugs. The opening ceremony was extraordinary but I loved all the plump nurses prancing about and our noble queen leaping from a helicopter.