Sunday 29 January 2012

reasons not be cheerful

I am by nature optimistic but sometimes it is an effort. Firstly the Hoover has packed up for no discernable reason and I am a keen Hooverer. Secondly the big hand fell off the grandfather clock as I was winding it up, and thirdly my reading lamp won`t work. Then the infuriatingly smug weather forecasting woman said that a Big Freeze is coming. However, cold dreary January is almost over and there are crocuses and snowdrops along the Ditchling Road.
I had a busy but interesting time at Brighton Meeting House yesterday, a big Amnesty meeting plus the usual Saturday crowd. I discovered that the Ethiopian children are not learning English, they are being taught how to speak Ethiopian!
I have an action packed Sunday ahead. I am now Clerk at Ditchling Meeting. I have never been very good at dates and times so my giving out of the notices at the end of meeting leaves much to be desired.  I am trying to improve, but often leave everyone greatly confused.      We have a bring and share lunch (always a gastronomic treat) and a talk today. Then the choir later this afternoon with plans for our French debut in April with The Wreck of the Titanic.