Tuesday 10 January 2012

How can I keep from singing......

We had a Twelfth Night party at the Meeting House in Ditchling. I had suggested a musical event. They had never had one before. I was anxious, thought no one would turn up ( I often think this as friends will know) It was amazing. Such talent!  Friends brought instruments:a concertina, flute, keyboard, guitars.  They did solos, joined in with gusto to sing and read poetry. They want to have a repeat event soon.
Then on Sunday evening I went to Horsham Folk Club. I was driven through deserted country roads and the streets of Horsham to a packed village hall where all and sundry leapt up, sang, played, recited, mostly older people. It cheers me up no end.
Just off to the cinema to see The Iron Lady. Another good thing about being an Old Retired Person, you can go to the films in the afternoons without feeling guilty.