Sunday 5 February 2012

the more it snows, tiddley pom

Another film.Memories of Uncle Moonmee at the Ditchling film club, which was completely weird, all about ghosts, a princess ghost having a nasty skirmish with a catfish at one point.
The snow finally came after several freezing days, I have been sitting reading on the sofa, wrapped up in a rug with a hot water bottle, the heating full on and still feeling cold.  The snow has turned to slush this evening which is a disappointment as I was quite looking forward to being marooned here in Ditchling in deep snow like last year.   I went to Meeting this morning using my new walking poles and strode along boldly. The Quakers, undeterred, turned up in full force, having walked, cycled and some even drove.
My son T came and mended everything: the Hoover, the clock, and he helped me order a new bulb for the lamp which now thankfully works. What a relief.
I have just watched Songs of Praise and joined in all the hymns with gusto. A treat for a Quaker.