Sunday 12 June 2011

A Life of Grime

I had intended to spend the afternoon going round all the village gardens in Ditchling which are open today, but it is deluging with rain so I stayed in and gave this cottage a jolly good clean. It always surprises me how dirty it gets with just one old person living in it. Anyway I am now enjoying the pungent smell of polish and bleach instead of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding which was the smell of Sundays in my childhood. I have been thinking a lot about these early experiences as I have finally just about finished my so called memoir, but I am still trying to think of a snappy title. They have all been used up by famous people, yesterday I was reading Alan Bennett`s which is called `A Life Like Any Other which it patently isn`t while mine is
.
Yesterday, the Ditchling Village choir gave a free concert in the Dome in Brighton, in the cafe foyer. Most of the audience just sat eating their paninis and ploughmans whilst reading the Guardian as we belted out Mamma Mia and Only Fools Fall in Love etc, but all of us choir hugely enjoyed ourselves.

Only a few more days and then the Darling clan will all migrate up to the North for grand daughter F`s wedding, so we are prowling round the charity shops for our wedding finery, well some of us are.