Sunday 5 June 2011

Bright Star in Ditchling

Another film in our Village Hall, Bright Star, which is about John Keats. I have seen it before,and though it does not match up to my idea of my hero, it is a beautiful film visually, and has some good moments. The next day I took the bus into Brighton and spent a happy time in Waterstones having a free read of Andrew Motion`s biography. (It is a brilliant shop with three floors with lovely sofas and good coffee, cappucino with a pattern of leaves in chocolate on the froth).   I was glad to read that Fanny Byrne married someone else after three years of grief and lived until she was in her eighties, but wore Keat`s ring for the rest of her life.
Seven year old grand daughter Tiger phoned me from Isle of Wight where she was for part of half term and asked if she can come for a `sleepover` tonight. I asked what she was doing at the seaside and she said she was selling stones. Apparently she collects pebbles from the beach, paints them and sells them. She should be on the Apprentice.