Tuesday 21 June 2011

I am still in an euphoric state after my grand daughter`s wedding last weekend, a three day event. The party took place up in the wilds of Northumberland in a Harry Potter style castle, which was until recently a boarding school .So we slept in dorms in rows, though there was not much sleep as we danced the night away (even I with my dodgy ankles) with amazing live music from talented friends and relations.All my ten grandchildren were there plus one great grandchild and another imminent. What a treat.
(Also I was glad to be away on Sunday as it was the London to Brighton bicycle race which goes past my cottage like a swarm of angry wasps)
Today I went on An Outing with the Ditchling Old Folk to Battle (1066 and all that) I have decided I am not really up for coach outings yet, kind though everybody was. There was a raffle in which everybody won a prize. I was very glad that I did not win the Liquorice Allsorts