Monday 25 April 2011

Oh to be in England now that April`s here....

Ditchling is stunning in the wonderful sunny spring weather with blossom and bluebells and baby lambs gambolling. On Easter Sunday, we did the egg rolling down a grassy hill in the village.  Eleven of us,family and friends, rolled our coloured hard boiled eggs down with whoops and yells.. It is strangely satisfying.  It must be some throwback to an ancient fertility rite in the dawn of time. We used to do it down St Giles Hill  in Winchester.    The picnic afterwards (with HB eggs of course) was good too and only slightly marred by three very inquisitive cows who seemed to want to join in.
I can`t make up my mind about the Royal Wedding. The media are in a frenzy which is irritating and the Royals have such a bad track record with marriage, it does seem a bit unnecessary.  . But it is an excuse for a day off for everyone and I shall go to J`s street party in Brighton which will have a tug of war between the royalists and the republicans and also a slap up tea.
I have decided to make a fresh start on my `memoir` I finished it but I do not like it`s tone!  It is too serious and worthy.