Monday 9 May 2011

I have been back in Winchester for a few days. Sandra in the checkout in Sainsburys threw up her arms in disbelief when she saw me `Vicky Darling what are you doing here?` she cried. Then Barry in the paper shop did the same. I got hugged fit to bust all the way down the High Street, which was heartwarming, but tinged with guilt because of all the people I did not have time to see. Then there was a big picnic with lots of old but much younger friends in the evening on the water meadows, in the rain, but they lit a fire, something in all the fifty five years I lived in Winchester, I never dared to do. It was really lovely
Son T mended my car radio and did my income tax and fed me with veg from his allotment, so all in all it was a very good visit..
I am just back from helping in the Infants, doing a bit of Reading and Writing and also I learned about George the second and the Prince Regent, (the class teacher is hot on history) and also a great deal about hedgehogs that I never knew before.