Tuesday 13 July 2010

More long drives last weekend, every time I go anywhere it is an extra 70 miles....    I went to Limpley Stoke which is such a beautiful name for a village, to a  birthday party for old friends P and J. On the way back on Sunday I broke the journey for a Goodbye Tea at the Meeting House in Winchester for D aged 92 who is going into a Home.  There they all were under the magnolia tree, with the scones and tasty cakes, the Quakes can always be relied on for a cracking good tea.    The Meeting House and garden looked exactly the same, no changes since I left.
I am having a very packed week. Visitors each day, chiropodist on Thursday, Brighton MH on Friday, and I am sitting for the Art Group tomorrow (fully clothed, I hasten to add) There is another birthday party tomorrow evening in Brighton where we are all expected to do a `turn` Then away for the weekend with the Quakes at a Convent.