Monday 19 July 2010

Away for the whole weekend with the Quakes at Park Place at Wickham, at a convent run by a small group of  elderly Carmelite nuns. I feel so safe with a large group of Q`s: they are my tribe. We  did slightly dotty things: North American Salute to the Sun on the lawn before breakfast (I fully intend to do this every morning as it is so invigorating, but forgot today, not a good start)  African Drumming, Contemplative Walking, Singing from the Spirit (absolutely lovely that was) Circle Dancing, as well as earnest talks and discussions.  Everybody asked how I was enjoying retirement. Their faces fell when I said that I like it here. `Don`t you miss us?` they cried, `Don`t you miss the Meeting House?  Of course I do and it was so good to be with them all again, but I have to say that Ditchling is a friendly place to live and I feel quite settled in my new home.
The cat was pleased to see me back as the nice teenager who is my cat feeder locked his keys inside the house. She did not seem hungry so perhaps she has found another cat flap to got through for food.
I am off to the Unitarian Meeting House this afternoon for the Monday Club end ot season party. Life is one whirl of gaiety and pleasure here in Ditchling.