Friday 9 October 2015

Keeping Me on My Toes

The big toe drama continues.  On Wednesday, I went to the Day Unit at \Brighton Hospital to have the half needle removed with a sort of local whole leg anaesthetic, But after about half an hour of sticking huge needles into various parts of my leg with no effect, I had a general anaesthetic. I saw from the post op instructions that I must not use heavy machinery, drive a car, or sign a legal document for 48 hours. Anyway I was able to rest up at daughter J`s and have delicious meals on trays and watch the Great British Bake Off Finals, (what a tear jerker, but such a kind programme where everyone is nice to each other) .  I must have cost our beloved NHS a fortune and mine must be one of the most looked toes in the history of toes, but hopefully I will soon be back now with my early morning and afternoon dog walks as usual.

National Poetry Day was celebrated by daughter J and I reading a poem to each other at breakfast, 
(by wonderful Mary Oliver) and then listening to Radio 4 during the day, It  was all lovely stuff,and the BBC did us proud.

B.Wiggins has been dolefully sitting on the sofa looking reproachfully at me but he has had frequent walkies from my kind family. Today he has gone to have the full works at the Plumpton College Dog Grooming Department: coat, ears teeth and bottom, so he will come home later transformed. 

I am reading Grayson Perry`s autobiography called Portrait of the Artist as a Young Girl  which is imaginative, witty and interesting, just like him and his work/ . I do admire him.