Monday 5 October 2015

feeling needled..

The last couple of weeks have been dominated by my left big toe. The saga began when i got out of bed one morning and felt a sharp pain  and thought i had trodden on a wasp. Later I discovered a needle embedded which I pulled out. but the toe swelled up alarmingly.   During the next five days I was seen by three GP``s  two orthopaedic registrars, and spent four uncomfortable hours in A and E Finally I am having the broken off half of the needle removed on Wednesday.   The lesson to be learned is: never do sewing in the bedroom and if you do tread on a needle get it X rayed immediately.  One good thing was that I was able to see the moon eclipse last Sunday in all its scarlet glory. This was when daughter J and I stumbled out of A and E in the early hours of the morning.

I saw a wonderful Polish film in Ditchling Village Hall last week: Ida, a Polish film,which was tragic and yet so subtle and understated, also visually stunning. It is such a treat to see these outstanding World films instead of the usual blockbusters.

I have started going to Nurturing Creative Workshops run by an Art Therapist also in a village hall and that is another treat as we do activities where there is no right or wrong way!    There`s no end of opportunities and activities round here. I am so lucky.

My  birthday has come and gone. I had a good celebration with my beloved family and beautiful cards,many saying that the sender read this blog so I was pleased about that as I am always on the point of giving it up.  Also there are those lovely facebook messages which are heart warming.   Somehow, eighty five sounds much older than eighty four, but I will not let this thought depress me.   I cannot complain if my only real medical problem is a swollen toe.