Wednesday 28 October 2015

Grand daughter G ran a Marathon last Saturday.  Twenty six miles around Eastbourne, Beachy Head, the Seven Sisters,, up and down the hills along the coast. I asked her if she felt like giving up half way and she said `Oh no, I loved it. Anyone can do it,  it`s all in the head, not the legs`. I`m not sure I agree with her, especially after the needle incident in my case, but it makes you think.

I was soaking my poorly foot in a bowl of hot salty water and jumped up to answer the phone, and managed to drop my handbag into the water, which resulted in a ruined mobile phone, address book, bus pass, and purse. I bought a new phone but I still can`t work out how to text on it so will have to wait to collar a grandchild to help me.

I am off to the museum in Brighton later today to do another performance of readings following the creative writing course a few months ago. There is never much of an audience, just a few mystified mums and toddlers and people wanting a bit of a sit down, so its not a big deal, but I love being in that museum. `.

I am still limping pathetically but I now have a proper grown up walking stick (green) given to me by brother P and also a warm coat from dear departed sister in law Phil, so I think affectionately of her as I go dog walking in the mornings with her coat and stick. I am enjoying the lighter mornings now especially with the wonderful autumn colours this year.