Friday 5 November 2010

no news is bad news

I went to the Ditchling Film Society last night in the Village Hall to see The White Ribbon, a surreal German film :a whoduunit where you never found out whodunnit, partly a ghost story and with a cast of strange children and sinister characters.  This morning, there was a bus queue sitting on the wall outside the chemist next door, and we all discussed the film. That is what I like about this village. There is always someone about for a chat.
There is a strike today of journalists (it makes me remember my dad who was a keen member of his union the NUJ) so there was no Today programme, no World at One and no Five oclock News programme either. I feel very bereft, I am so accustomed to it burbling on with all the familiar voices. I hope they are all back tomorrow.