Friday 26 November 2010

Christmas Resolutions

I have made one or two decisions about Christmas:
1.NO fancy wrapping paper, I will wrap all presents up in the Guardian, and stick pictures on them cut out from my eightieth birthday cards and Good Luck in your New Home cards.
2.I will not make a Christmas cake with burnt currants round the outside and marzipan that nobody eats.
3.I will make an enormous quantity of mince pies and freeze them as they always come in useful
4.I will not go into WH Smiths, Boots, or Marks and Spencers until the New Year.

Grand daughter M is on a Sit In at UCL and texted me to say she would not be coming home this Friday after all as they are having `negotiations with management` This fills me with alarm even though I have been saying I am proud of my grand children going on demos as I used to do.
I have been busy lately writing my memoirs though that seems a grandiose term for an account of my uneventful unremarkable life.  The problem is, what do you put in and more importantly what do you leave out?  No good just writing about the good times.