Tuesday 17 May 2016

sad news

I can hardly bear to write this as I feel so sad and bereft. My beloved Bradley Wiggins is no more. He was out with daughter J in Brighton while I was at a concert on Sunday afternoon,and he ran off,  got disorientated, and was run over.    He was killed instantly so did not suffer, which was a mercy.   . The previous weekend, when I was away up in Cumbria, daughter J walked with B.W. for miles and miles along Hadrian`s Wall and he never left her side, so it was completely out of character for him to dash off. She is terribly upset as you can imagine.  We all loved him, and my home seems so empty without him. 

J. and I don`t know how to get through the days.   Yesterday I went to the pool in Burgess Hill and swam up and down for half an hour. I have hardly swum at all since I got the dog and I wondered if I could still keep afloat but it was a very calming experience and I will go regularly as I used to do in Winchester, in place of the early morning dog walks which B.W. and I enjoyed so much.
In the afternoon, J and I did a huge house clean, hoovering and polishing and mopping which was also very therapeutic. I will have to think of other ways to keep busy and not sit about moping.

Today I am going to plant out the tubs,, and as it is going to pour with rain all day tomorrow (according to the infuriatingly cheerful weather forecaster Carol, on the telly) so this is a good time to do it.   Grand daughter M, safely back from Ghana, thank goodness, is coming to stay with me for a week.   So I am gradually doing what they always say `coming to terms with it`, whatever that may mean.

Someone told me I wrote Crump instead of Trump in my last blog. Thought I should apologise in case anyone else noticed.