Thursday 26 May 2016

getting better..

I am trying to concentrate on activities that I couldn`t take part in when I had dear B.Wiggins.  I always hated leaving him at home on his own as he was such a sociable creature.   
So I have joined a choir in Lewes:  a small unaccompanied group with a brilliant leader.    We sing without words or music written down, she just teaches us as we go along.   There is going to be a whole day at the beginning of July, otherwise we meet every Tuesday morning at 9.30 am which is an unusual time for a choir.    Also with my Nibblers and Scribblers writing group we are now able to meet in dog free zones, like Art Galleries. There are lots of exhibitions on as part of the Brighton Festival and we went to a sort of installation which showed the view from windows all over the world as the occupants woke up in the morning and opened their shutters or curtains.   It was fascinating.   
I went to a Musical called Soul Circus, written, danced and sung by women who were not in the first flush of youth and it was brilliant. It was performed to a packed audience in Hove on a Sunday afternoon, and it made me want to get up and dance with them.
I now go swimming in the mornings which I haven`t done for years, not since I left Winchester really. To my surprise I really enjoy it and I get a bit of exercise which I was sorely missing now that I don`t go for walks twice a day. Ditchling is full of no- go areas because of memories of B.Wiggins, but I am sure I will soon improve.
I am thinking of getting a cat and I am just waiting for one to drop into my lap. I am sure that the right one will arrive soon, but I must get a cat flap fitted first. No walkies of course but at least I will have a furry presence to greet me when I come home.