Wednesday 30 July 2014

Tiger time

Ten year old grand daughter Tiger is here today while her mum is at work. I made a list of possible activities and we are working through them.   First was cleaning the windows as I don`t like going up ladders and she does, secondly was doing all surfaces  with squirty polish, then she made a trifle which involves messing about with jelly, and lastly some bread (with a cheating breadmix)   She thoroughly enjoyed all those.   
Next I got her to organise me into doing Twitter on my laptop and now we are planning to go for a swim but I slightly dread the pool in the school holidays with the alarming waves and whirlpools and splashing. But I will try to be brave.
We may go blackberrying later as I noticed that they they are already ripe when I went on my early morning dog walk. Blackberries in July!   
I had a lovely visit last weekend from an ex resident from the Meeting House and her partner.  So many shared memories, we never stopped talking.   
The only other event since my last blog is that B.Wiggins went to what is grandiosely called Brighton Pet Spa to have a complete makeover, wash and blow dry, ears, nails teeth and trim. His legs look much longer now. He is very pleased with himself.