Wednesday 23 July 2014

any old iron,any old iron.........

I forgot to mention in my last that B.Wiggins went round the Whitehawk estate in Brighton recently on a rag and bone cart drawn by friend Mary`s pony (daughter J and dog Jumble were also on board) It is a wonderful scheme: unwanted broken irons and kettles, TV`s, computers furniture, are collected regularly and taken to The Green Centre which mends or recycles them. B.W. sat up bravely as they clip-clopped along.

I sadly said farewell to the Year Two`s on Wednesday, all the Jaydens, Haydens Brendons, Rubies and Rosas. It has been another lovely year , but hopefully I can go back next term and will then have to learn a new lot of names. Teacher helpfully always puts a big chair out for me, as if I sit on an Infant`s one, I cannot get up again.

I went to friend P`s ninetieth birthday party last week. I realised that I have known him for sixty years, longer than almost everybody there.. It was also P`s wife and my dear friend J`s 87th birthday    It was a really good do and I met up with many old friends in various stages of decrepitude and I include myself in this category. P`s grandson, who is a chef cooked delicious food and it was a beautiful.day. What a treat.

I have got some new hearing aids after complaints from my family (and  I also had written a letter of condolence to the wrong person as I misheard a name on the phone)    I now hear BW snoring which I never noticed before and turning on the taps to wash up, sounds like the Niagara Falls.