Saturday 15 February 2014

Stormy Weather...

I will try not to write about the rain and the wind and the mud. Just to say that I am sitting indoors watching four wet squirrels outside my window. Their lovely tails are like bits of wet string and they look unhappy.
B.Wiggins is wanting to get me out there but when I take him, he changes his mind as he hates both getting wet and the bath which inevitably follows.  He`s twigged that one now.
At the Infants this week, we did science experiments about sound waves. I learn more and more there. But on the way home the wind was so strong, blowing up from the sea that I could hardly keep upright and had to cling to the railings in a most pathetic way.
I saw a good film in the village called Captain Phillips about Somali pirates with wonderful Kevin Spacey in it.  It was very thought provoking. The pirates had such a tough hard life, you could see why they did it and I felt quite sorry for them.
I am doing the Museum Tales writing course again at the Brighton Museum. We were all in the Egyptian section this week. It made me think of my forward funeral planning, which is going ahead. Those Pharaoes really went to town on elaborate preparations for their funerals and the afterlife what with Shabtis which were little servants and all their Grave Goods.  Our teacher on the course is very good so I spend a lot of time doing my homework each week.
I am finding my new computer a sore trial. It is very jumpy and sensitive and at the slightest touch it goes haywire and writes things in the wrong places.   I spends hours doing simple emails and attachments., and as for the printer, words fail me. I long to find a Dumbrellite who is a computer expert so I had one on tap as I did in Meeting House days. There may be some whizz kids among the bungalows but it is difficult to find out.