Sunday 6 October 2013

Eighty three is neither here nor there......

My first birthday in my new home. I have a wonderful postman who just picks out the letters to the old place in Ditchling and brings them here, no need for re forwarding by the expensive Post Office. That`s service for you. What with texts, emails, e cards, and the Jolly Postman, I have had a heart warming birthday. Brother P,daughter J and grand daughters M and G plus Jumble and B.Wiggins and I had lunch in Hyde Park by the Sepentine (one of the few places that welcomes dogs) and very nice it was too. As it was National Poetry Day, we all recited the only poem which we knew all through by heart and quite surprised ourselves. Mr Wiggins and I like the bung. I luxuriate in walking from room to room without laboriously climbing up and down the stairs. I am getting to know my neighbours (I have a Dorothy next door and everybody needs a Dorothy in their lives) who is out in the garden at 7am in her nightie feeding the squirrels. Everyone is helpful and pleasant. I have been picking blackberries on my morning dog walks. The autumn films in the Village Hall have started We had The Well Diggers Daughter, on Thursday, a French film that I had seen before but enjoyed just as much the second time, and last week Whistle Down the Wind, an old black and white from the sixties, a brilliant film. Lunch out today with son C and gg E. Life is such a social whirl here in Dumbrells Court. We went to the Ram at Firle another place which positively welcomes dogs, there was one sitting under every table and next to us actually UP at the table.