Tuesday 10 September 2013

On the move at last!

Just when I had almost given up hope, the solicitor (holiday stand in) took pity on my plight and said I can have the key of the blessed bungalow on Friday. I have got sort of used to sleeping on daughter J`s sofa in the front room with the two dogs and trying to dash into the bathroom of a morning before the Japanese lodger. You have to have your wits about you in this game i can tell you. I must juggle now with the carpet man, the painters and the moving and storage chaps, It is daunting. I will also have to spend hours on the phone to Calcutta for BT and the gas and the electric. Daughter J thought I needed a boost so booked up for me to have my eyebrows `shaped` and a facial massage this morning. It was lovely. I lay on a couch in a dimly lit beauty parlour with plinky plonk music playing whilst luscious creams were patted and rubbed into my wrinkled old face. I felt thoroughly rejuvenated. I asked Michelle, the massage person if she had other old people and she said`Oh lots, one old gent comes regularly to have his eyelashes tinted. Last Saturday. some of us Ditchling Quakers went to Balcombe with anti fracking banners and held a Meeting for Worship by the gate where the lorries to the fracking site go in and out. We were joined by about a dozen from the site. There was a formidable police presence nearby. The protest camp is spread out along both sides of a busy road so it is not pleasant for the campers. I am glad that I went.