Sunday 1 September 2013

Back to the Old Familiar Places....

I stayed last week in clean, tidy, respectable Winchester. It is such a contrast to sleazy old Brighton, though I love both cities. Kind friends and family welcomed me and fed me and it was good to see all the old familiar places and faces. Progress seems to be being made with the move. I signed an official looking document from the solicitor,but I still have nor got the ever elusive date for completion. I am awaiting a reply from an eloquent and strongly worded letter to the chief boss of Peverel, the firm that administers Dumbrells Court which is the old folks complex where I hope to live. Before I printed and sent it off, I passed it round the family who added even more heart-rending details of my predicament. The letter will probably go into the waste paper basket but it made us all feel better. After the weekend back in Brighton,where its lovely to be with daughter J who has been such a help and tower of strength through all my troubles, I am going back to Winchester today with B. Wiggins who will enjoy being with Charlie, a West Highland terrier and his owner B where we will say for a few days. Next Saturday, I hope to be at the at anti fracking protest at Balcombe and we also hope to hold a Quaker Meeting for Worship there. I have finished Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan. I loved it. It is set in Cambridge, London and Brighton and is all about MI5 It made me wonder if they`ve got a file on me after many years of demos, protests and letters. I am feeling bereaved as I have not got a good book to go on to, so I will have to trawl the charity shops tomorrow, I am out of touch with the Library now that I am homeless.