Monday 1 July 2013

Up the Creek for a Week

I `m just back from Cornwall.      I had forgotten how far away it is.    The extra miles from Ditchling to Winchester where I picked up friend B and her dog Charlie makes it a very long drive. We crawled along the A303 amongst  the Glastonbury traffic. I always think I am nearly there when I get to Exeter and then realise it is not even half way. We also went to see dear friends near Penzance and that was miles and miles too but well worth it to see them.  B. Wiggins loved the cottage up the creek as he could run in and out without fear of traffic as it is cut off except at low tide..
On the way home I stayed for a night at Alresford with friend D so did not have to do the whole journey in one go.Then I stopped off for a Retreat Day at The Blue Idiol, an oddly named Quaker Meeting House at Coolham,  (once the home of William Penn, Quaker and founder of Pennsylvania). Whilst there we did a Walking Meditation and a puzzled B. Wiggins joined in, walking very slowly behind me.
Today I am battling with the solicitor again, trying to get a date for The Move. You would think I was buying a stately home instead of a measly little bungalow. I have teams of people waiting to spring into action to help. They will lose interest soon.  .