Thursday 11 July 2013

Of No Fixed Abode

Well, I have moved out and am temporarily living with daughter J in Brighton. Yesterday three stalwart youths moved all my wordly goods into storage in the village, including a huge Acer tree,.a Camelia bush and other assorted potted plants and today I did a final clear out and found temporary homes in Ditchling for my cello, the broom, dustpan and brush, Hoover and a basket of food items including Marmite, elderly pots of chutney and the inevitable aged Christmas pudding that I can`t throw away but also cannot bear to eat..  
I am hoping that I will be able to move into the bungalow in a few days,weeks, months,who knows?   House agent, solicitor and manager of Dumbrells Court seem to be forever waiting for letters from each other.  New residents of St Dominics Cottage move in tomorrow and I left them a welcome card and flowers and closed the front door for the last time.  I am now a homeless octegenarian.
But in the meantime it is lovely here and B. Wiggins is very happy too. He went to the beach yesterday with daughter J and Tiger who left him guarding their clothes, but J was suddenly aware he was swimming bravely beside her,  really far out. Fortunately it was dead calm and he doggy paddled his way back safely.
Grand daughter G is in Uganda  for five weeks working at a school for children with special needs. They have hardly any toys or equipment.so we are having some fund raising events to try and send money to buy some while she is still there. We might do barmy dancing in the street like we did on Red Nose day.