Friday 1 June 2012

over the hills and far away......

I have decided to ignore the Queens Jubilee. I was going to go to the Ditchling Jubilee Lunch in the churchyard but all the tickets have gone, so I will concentrate instead on the Ditchling Fair which only takes place on alternate years and has been doing so for 700 years! It is not till 16th June, but there is a scarecrow competition so that will take me a bit of time to make.   Sadly I have no crows to scare in my little backyard, but I can make one anyway.  The choir are singing, twice, and I am helping with the refreshments and the Quaker bookstall.. So it is all go.
The rust bucket passed its MOT so I will continue to drive the scruffiest car in Ditchling which is not good for my image, but I can still whizz over the Beacon to Brighton and elsewhere.       I went for a wonderful bike ride yesterday with F- over- the- road, who knows the all good places, nice villages called Plumpton, Streat, Westmeston, Chillington, and we went in to two Saxon churches and a lovely country pub for lunch. I have to get off at the measliest of hills these days with my creaky knees, but I do love being out in the countryside.