Tuesday 27 December 2011

last blog of 2011

I have been trying to write this for days. One blog disappeared into the ether. Where do lost blogs and emails go I wonder? Christmas day started with breakfast with the Ditchling Quakers in the meeting house. Twenty of us at a long table. It was lovely. Then J and G went for a rough and stormy swim on Brighton beach with Santa lifeguards in attendance. For lunch here was a tasty nut roast and also a turkey that F won in a church raffle! It was a good day.    
This afternoon I went for a walk with my new Nordic walking poles (Christmas present from D and J) so I now have four legs instead of two. I strode along purposefully but still got a bit stuck climbing over stiles. Later I read all the round robin letters with care and attention. I tend to read them hastily when they first arrive. Luckily I do not seem to get the boasty sort about academic successes, mine were more about knee and hip replacements and memory loss.