Wednesday 5 October 2011

Well, my eighty first birthday has come and gone. I love the cards. I think of all the trouble people go to, firstly standing around in card shops shuddering at the jokey ageist ones, and trying to find something appropriate, then queing up for stamps, then writing a nice message and finally the trek to the pillar box. What a labour of love.   The theme this year seems to be the seaside and flowers, though one small girl did a picture of me riding on a unicorn.   It always used to be cats, but now sadly I do not have one.   Nowadays I also get texts, email, e-cards and facebook pokes and that is very heartwarming too.
I am thinking seriously of getting a dog. I am going to look after Jumble  when his family go to Morocco for half term. I will see how I survive doing two long walks a day. It might help the weight problem.