Saturday 29 October 2011

I have survived the dog exercising quite painlessly. Perhaps my poor walking skills are all in the mind|? I enjoyed chats with all the other doggy walkers in the village and up on the downs, especially when I got lost.
Grand daughter M came today and gave me a first hand report on the Occupy London Protest. It is not true that they are all rich middle class kids who go home each night to warm beds and gravy dinners, leaving their tents empty. In fact M says that most of the campers are older people, not rabble rousing students and they have endless earnest meetings. I am a hundred per cent behind them and wish I could join them but have never been much of a camper, particularly not on the hard stony ground outside St Pauls.
It is White Night in Brighton, (the night the clocks go back) Cinemas, concerts, museums,clubs, even the Quaker Meeting House stay open till the small hours. Shall I go, or sit at home on the sofa and watch Strictly Come Dancing?