Thursday 14 July 2011

I could have danced all night.....

Nowadays, my social life consists mainly of eightieth, and ninetieth birthday parties, golden weddings and funerals, so it has been a nice change recently to have had a wedding and last Saturday, a retirement party, in Winchester which started off with a Mozart concert, followed by a delicious supper, and then dancing till nearly midnight to a very spirited ceilidh band. I was not intending to dance but couldn`t resist it.

The next day, son T and I went to a garden he found online called Houghton Lodge, just outside Stockbridge. It was simply beautiful and we were almost the only ones there. There was an honesty box on the gate and another one in the tea room which had an array of home made cakes! The river Test ran through the garden and there were three alpacas with surprised friendly faces.

I have been riveted by the news all week, how sarisfying to see the Murdoch empire crumbling. and that crew get their come uppance.