Friday 25 February 2011

water, water, everywhere......

i went to Newcastle by train. In the loo, I rested my capacious handbag on the side of the washbasin and this activated the hot tap so that my bag immediately filled up with hot water!  This wrecked: my mobile phone, address book, diary, purse (all the money stuck together) book of stamps, novel (from the library) sandwiches, gloves, make up bag, cheque book, and elderly persons railcard. And the handbag will never be the same again either.
However I had a lovely time there with my dear family in great comfort in B`s new house, but my visit was not without adventure as B`s car broke down on the A1M and I had to climb over a high fence and cross a waterlogged brambly field in the pouring rain to get to the Park and Ride into Durham to meet grandson M who has recently gone to Uni there for lunch.
I was only home for one night and then was in Brighton all week holding the fort with family, dogs and cats while J and D were away. So I am now back in Ditchling trying to master new mobile phone, and copying out addreses and things into new diary.