Monday 31 January 2011

I could have danced all night....

Just back from a couple of days at Winchester. Went to two parties both with dancing, not so good with my great big clumping shoes but I managed and enjoyed it.. One guest joined in with gusto at ninety five. I went around visiting all my old mates, including one in hospital. The hospital where I worked for thirteen happy years, is sadly changed, with disembodied voices telling you to wash and spray yourself with disinfectant as you cross the threshold, and grisly notices everywhere about vomiting and diarrhoea.
It was the Ditchling Choir practice yesterday afternoon. We have a concert coming up at the Village Hall. As there are over eighty of us there will not be much room for an audience. We are singing  It Must Be Love, and La Mer and songs from My Fair Lady etc. It is the most enjoyable choir I have ever been in.
On Wednesday I am going to Birmingham to the Quaker College there to Give a Talk I must have been mad to agree to this, I am scared stiff.