Tuesday 11 January 2011

Back to my old routine at last with my usual music group on Monday morning.   I had not touched the cello for about a month so it did not sound too good. Still I always find it enjoyable to play a few sonatas with two or three other people and it seems to make certain bits of my brain work. 
I went to the cinema on Saturday to see `The Kings Speech` Colin Firth playing King George VI with his terrible stammer. It was such a sensitive and heart warming film, I cried and that to me is the acid test, crying and keeping awake.
I also read a brilliant book by Kate Atkinson: Got Up Early Took My Dog, just couldn`t put it down and felt so bereaved when I finished it. I have now started on Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantell which is monumentally long. Looks good.
Today I went to a hilarious exercise class.  You have never seen such a collection of unfit creaky old people but we had lovely music, and we joined in with the songs while we heaved ourselves around. If You Were the Only Girl in the World etc.  I loved it, I think I will go again.