Wednesday 23 June 2010

We enjoyed the Ditchling Fair (Tiger came to stay again) especially the three groups of Morris dancers, whirling and stamping, bosoms a-wobbling (there were lady Morris dancers as well as men) up and down the High Street, also there was a Jack and Jill race with buckets of water, and cake stalls and raffles. I won two inappropriate prizes, a bottle of whiskey and an electric razor, serve me right as an upright Quaker for gambling. There was a band and a parade with a Ditchling Queen and we could watch it all from my front room.  The next day it was the London to Brighton bike race and that also went past my house, it was like a swarm of angry wasps buzzing by, hundreds of them.  I was asked to a birthday party in the Brighton Pavillion and did not realise that all the roads around Brighton were hopelessly blocked so was very late, but enjoyed eating delicious food in oriental splendour.
I am getting interested in the football and felt very decadent watching in a darkened room all afternoon. But I have Bad Back so it was good to have an excuse for resting. Everyone gets bad backs from time to time but it is very annoying as I am walking around like the road signs that say Beware Elderly People though I have not yet resorted to a stick. J needles it regularly which helps.