Monday 7 June 2010

Today I was invited to go to the Monday Club at the Unitarian Meeting House. Usually they have a speaker, sometimes an outing, but today it was either Scrabble or cards. Competition was keen at our table, and Reg, the ex village postman, was brilliant at adding up the score.  I felt quite decadent, playing scrabble in the middle of a Monday afternoon, and then eating delicious home made cakes and drinking copious cups of tea. I think I am going to enjoy being a retired OAP without responsibilities.   I have a very busy week ahead: a reading and book signing  from Jackie Kay,  who is launching her autobiography The Red Road, in a Brighton bookshop, a play in the old Co op building  also in Brighton called "Before I Sleep"  on Friday, and a writing workshop all day Saturday in the Quaker Meeting House.  And Jordan is still sawing away in my few square feet outside,creating a place for me to sit about in the sun, more decadence, I fear.