Thursday 9 April 2015

Son in law D and I went to a new restaurant in Brighton on Easter Sunday called The Silo.  I had read a good review of it in the Guardian.  All the waste goes into a huge composter and then they grow their own mushrooms in it. .  The chairs are made of chipboard,, the water glasses are jam jars and some of the plates are made of melted down plastic bags. The food was delicious but unnusual!  Mostly local and organic, the menu  includes wild boar and venison but we had a tasty mushroom risotto and local Sussex wine.    
Daughter J and ggT are still away in New York and Washington. I will be glad to see them safely home at the weekend.   Here in Ditchling, everyone is revelling in the Spring sunshine and B Wiggins and I have been sitting out the back, me reading a weighty tome lent by a Dumbrellite neighbour called Lamentations by CJ Sansom,about dastardly Tudor goings on which is an absolute page turner. Wiggins is on constant alert on squirrel patrol. He would be horrified if he caught one.
I decided I would get a more grown up mobile instead of the £5 Nokia I have had since they were first invented, but what a palaver!    It turned out that somehow I had given the wrong date of birth on the original deal and D and I have been on the phone for hours and hours trying to sort it out. At one point they asked for my birth certificate. I have heard that those cheap phones are used by drug dealers so perhaps they think I am an eighty five year old arch criminal. I may give up the whole thing and continue with my battered old one with big cracks across the screen.